Lightning and shadows

Denny's blog about everything under the sun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Monday, March 13, 2006

There and back again

I'm home. Left last Tuesday. Got back today (Sunday). Our trip started out oddly. Marian and I were headed to the airport wieh we discovered that we had mistaken the landing time for the departure time. So we had about 30 minutes to make it to the airport.This was a somewhat difficult way to begin. :) We managed and took off for Denver where we had to run like hell from one concourse to another. made that too.

Then we landed and had a lovely fun time. I met a few folks and heard good talks and stuff about wood kilns and wonder of wonders the conference was opened with words from one of my herosl

David Suzuki.

There was a book signing and I put my vehement dislike of crowds aside long enough to move my way to the book table and get a signature. The book? Good News for a Change, but David Suzuki et al. It's quite worth a read, give it a try.

I had a good time. It was the usual thing. :) I had bouts of argument and contention with my traveling companions. That's cause I don't choose wimps for friends. I rather like strong personalities and find that it's much more fun to be around people that have opininos and act on them

There was a Starbucks or some other coffee place on nearly EVERY corner. It was a bit odd. Drank a lot of coffee. Ate a lot of food. Did a lot of walking. The public transportation system there is simply amazing. The trip back was fine if one ignores the incident where in I was tempted to KILL the woman who kept touching me. One of those people who is constantly brushing an arm or flipping a hand or leaning a shoulder and doesn't even notice that they're doing it. Makes my skin crawl. With my "history" as a kid and the fact that I have to be acutely aware of my body and it's location or die from electrocution I'm really really sensitive to being touched. I certainly don't mind it when it's welcome and intentional. This was neither and I couldn't get away from that person fast enough. UG.

And I got to meet Tiff who is lovely. Pleasant and nice and a bit driven if you ask me. :) I think most folks would have bagged coming the rest of the way if they had a carload of kids and a flat tire, but not this one. :) Showed up and sat and visited over coffee and Zachery like nothing bad had ever happened that day. Kind and gracious and nice, just like she presents herself here.

Nice to have met you Tiff.

Back home now. Prizes handed out. Stuff put away. Movie watched and dinner eaten. Back to work tomorrow and then on to working on my studio. I've come back with a desire to make "Pots for Peace" and some work for the "Empty Bowls Project". Let's hope I keep energized and get some stuff going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>