Lightning and shadows

Denny's blog about everything under the sun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

This week......

It's been an interesting week. I started a blog over at toadfire but I'll be keeping this one because it's not a community board so I don't have to worry that' I'm posting too much and taking up the front page. :) Every community has little rules.

I'm worried this week. I'm having prostate problems. My grandpa died of prostate cancer. My dad has had surgury for it twice. My brother has problems with his, I guess I'm just doomed. :) OK, I do have a better diet than those folks and a much more active sex life and that's supposed to help as well. But it hurts damnit! It makes it difficult to want to be intimate and I ALWAYS want to be intimate. I'm worried that my body is riddled with cancer and the tests will come back this week and I'll have 6 months to live. (Have I mentioned that I'm a worrier)? I'd hate to lose my life and the people in it, and if that happens I'll just have to make sure I've taken care of them as best I can.

I've been working on the gallery. I've brought home two sets of garage doors with the hardware and have finally figured out that I should measure BEFORE going to get them. :) I now have two sets of 7 foot doors to give away. I still need a couple sets of 8 foot doors. I might end up walling in one door and just having one open. That would be more energy efficient. In other news I get to try to fill the pond out front today! I finished digging it yesterday and swept it all out and it's really cool. Today I'll get the rest of the front yard cleaned out and move the piles of shredded trees out to where they'll live for landscaping purposes. I'll haul boards out back and pile wood against the house and shine up the fence I dropped a tree on. I'll probably also haul a couple loads of cabinets over to the garage/studio and pile them for when I get it ready. It'll be a full day.

Tomorrow starts early, I go to KRZA (our local radio station) to do a two hour stint during the spring fund drive. I like our little station, it's worth some effort. Oddly enough I listen to it about half the time because I quickly tire of the classical 2 hours in the afternoon and the spanish language part at night just leaves me behind. I wouldn't want them to change that stuff though. It serves other folks and every thing isn't about me.

I got in on the last day of the cheap tickets for the Crestone Music Festival in Crestone, Colorado in August. It's a good time. Every year I want to go and I often forget until too late. So I got tickets for Me and Laura and Crystal and Pablo. AND I got a tent site. :) We'll see if we use it but at least I got it. I saved like $20 per ticket for the three days per person, so that's $80 over all! Not bad. Now we just have to use 'em. I'm gonna use MINE, I know that.

I want to go to Valley View Hot Springs, really bad. I think my body needs a vacation there to heal what ails it. This is supported by no logical evidence at all. I just know it. I need three days there to soak and think about nothing other than then wind and the sky and what to eat for dinner. I just wish I could manage it.

Taxes this week. I'm scared. Really scared. If we have to pay much, I don't have it. Hopefully I did the right things last year to bring us out OK. We'll see. Cross your fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>