Lightning and shadows

Denny's blog about everything under the sun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday is chair day.... now

I found a fun site that's been entertaining me this morning. http://www.albinoblacksheep.com It's fun, I recommed going to the Flash Movies section and two that I really liked are the "Everyone else has had more sex than me", and the "gollum rap". Very fun and I'm needing it today.

This morning my knee decided to take a trip to pain-ville. I was just getting up outta my chair (yes the wonderful big purple one) and it made a lovely audible snap (which Laura heard from the sofa) followed by a significant amount of discomfort communicated to my brain via the nervous system. In other words? Ouch.

I have an idea why this happened, sometimes I over-do a bit. On Tuesday night I dug a 50 trench for the gas pipe for my friend Sharon's new brick reduction kiln. I also did some pole climbing, and carried lots of heavy stuff up the ladder to my bucket truck. Doesn't sound like much, but crossarm with all the hardware is about 60 pounds, balanced on one shoulder while you climb an 8 foot ladder one handed and then twist around to get it landed before you fall off. :) Mostly it's fun, but it mighta been a bit much. All in all it adds up to me spending the day resting my knee with compression and elevation. Ice would help too but I hate ice. I really need to get to work on that gallery, but lately I'm feeling pretty broken. Between the bad knees, the sore back, the cranky shoulders and the prostate problems I'm feeling a bit grumpy about it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>