Lightning and shadows

Denny's blog about everything under the sun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Monday, August 14, 2006

RATS

Took my old blue Nissan to Del Norte tonight. It runs. I guess that's something. It's still noisy and the motor that was completely rebuilt leaks fucking oil. It's making me insane. There's nothing like having a giant dissappointment and no one to get mad at. I can't get mad at the fact that NO ONE IN THE FUCKING WORLD seems to know how to fix a 22 year old truck. It's too non-specific. Can't get mad at my dear friend who now has traumatic brain injury, not being able to finish is so not his fault. So mostly I'm left with getting mad at myself for hoping my dear, sweet old truck could be put back into a wonderful driving sort of shape. I guess I'm just a dumb fuck for hoping on this one. It'll get me down for a while and then the optimism will creep back in. Fucking optimism anyway!

Had a pretty good weekend. Put in a waterline, put in a window at the studio, went to Denver to an organizational meeting for the Democratic Party. Got back late, slept well, worked hard today.
Life is good.

Fucking optimism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>