Lightning and shadows

Denny's blog about everything under the sun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monte Vista, Southern Colorado

I'm a middle aged, childless, balding, slightly chubby around the middle, wrinkled man who is polyamorous, passionate, friendly and hates to use the phone. I laugh out loud, scream at god and chaos, cry quietly, and always always always believe that people are good and worthy. Except George Bush and his ilk. They're just evil.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sometimes people make me nuts

I find myself in a mixture of emotions this evening. Things seem a bit contridictory. There are things I don't understand. It comes from all the corners of the internet and real life that I visit.

My company keeps putting in "improvements" that are anything but. Every new computer system they install does less and takes longer to operate than the one before.

The city I live in (OK, tiny little town) raises water rates and then hires more people.

George Bush's answer to a foundering economy is to increase spending and cut taxes. Oh yeah and kill people.

People appear nekid online in personal ads and then claim to be shy.

A woman I know does art that she claims is about community building but is the most abrasive controlling person I know.

A community forum I belong to that claims to be about love is actually full of folks that spend more time sniping than loving.

Most days I look and see the good, and find the smiles, and trust the goodness of the folks around me. Today? Not so much. Probably has something to do with the Urology appointment tomorrow in the town 2 1/2 miles away that I'll be driving to. Oh well, I get to pick up fencing materials at Home Depot. Life isn't all strange and bad. I still get to nail things up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>